Conversations with Best Friends Hubby

I can't remember how it exactly started. I think it was in regards to his wife being bitchy b/c her monthly came to visit...shit listen to me 'her monthly' I sound like a friggin grandma. Any way..nuff bashing myself.
During the conversation with best friend's hubby, He mentioned that time of the month and how it was a good thing dogs 'didn't bleed'. I asked 'what do you mean'...his reply "It's a good thing dogs don't bleed, you know get their periods'.

"Are you kidding me?"

"no"

(I bust out in hysterical laughter)

"What?" he says "Maggie has never gotten hers"

" uh Chris.. Maggie is spayed dear. Ang fixed it so that didn't happen"

-uncomfortable silence on the other end-

Then my husband grabs the phone and starts jonesing on the guy and then goes into a full length conversation about my dog's periods... and his brothers dog who is a Great Dane and how it looks like a bloody massacre when she gets hers... and blah blah blah.

So all the while, I am listening..and I think to myself "Is this what guy's talk about?"

There is always speculation about what we chicks talk about behind our husband's backs...and believe me, we talk about your penis size, your stamina, your work ethic...EVERYTHING...and you talk about what "our periods"...HA!

No comments: